The student news site of Atascocita High School

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

10 Years Later

A check in with graduates years removed

Compared to many schools in the area, Atascocita High School is a young school. It was established in 2006, making it the same age as many of the seniors this year. In that short time, Atascocita has built a vibrant campus culture with tons of award-winning programs, so it’s interesting to see just how far it’s progressed in a short while. We spoke to alumni from ten years ago to see what’s changed in a decade and what our seniors can expect in the near future.

One of the 2013 alumni you might recognize is Emiley Lamphier, who once led cheer on the field as a co-captain and now teaches Social studies in Silver Wing.

“I remember the sense of community and fun we had as a school,” Lamphier said. “Eagle pride was and still is one of the core values of Atascocita High School.”

She went to cosmetology school after she walked the stage, and she wants to tell the class of 2024: 

“[To the class of 2024], enjoy your last year with your class,” Lamphier said. “I know you’re so ready to graduate, but this is the last time you’ll be with these people in this way and I promise you’ll miss parts of high school more than you think.”

Logan Davis, son of girls golf coach Beth Davis, graduated in 2014, but he still lingers in the athletics hall as a record holder in the 2013 and 2014 state golf competitions. Now, he’s an assistant golf coach who teaches Lifetime Fitness and Wellness at Texas State University. Past the records on the wall, Davis left with life-long memories of his friends. 

“Enjoy the time. Life comes at you fast,” Davis said. “Do everything you want to do before you graduate while you can. You don’t want to look back and think to yourself ‘I really wanted to do that but I never did.’”

Kandra Parrott graduated in 2014. Her siblings still go here, one of whom is graduating this year, a decade following. She was involved in theater and track, and now is the Associate Director of the Farley Center for Entrepreneurs and Innovation at Northwestern University in Chicago.

“The AHS theater directors were the first people to give me leadership responsibilities when they made me a crew head in various plays, and Mrs. Henderson especially encouraged me,” Parrott said. “Now I manage all of the staff in my department and still use some of the things Mama Hen taught me about leading people back when I was at AHS.”

Parrott has a Master’s degree in English from Texas State University.

“Enjoy your friends and make memories with them this year, but don’t worry if you didn’t like high school because it only gets better from here,” Parrott said.